My Natural Hair Journey

Hello curlsgirls,my name is Sonia and welcome to SoniaChic95 blog”so this is my natural hair journey story,by the way who’s said 4c girls can’t grow long hair,
So recently I did my second big chop And I had been wanting to share this article with y'all,get ready because I am going to discuss almost everything I know from back then and now with you who reading,let me start by explaining a little more details about my Afro hair before I start getting deep in today blog post,So I have been natural for over seven years until 2 years ago I was very busy with work and family so I decided to do a undercut hairstyle 

and it was great for the time being and actually things was going really good for me,and for some silly little reasons I wanted to loser up my 4c and 4b curls patterns,

So I did fry my natural hair with texturizer which was the biggest mistake of my life and worst decisions I ever made,well perhaps maybe because I was trying to take the easy way out on my natural hair,one good thing about the decision I made with this mild chemical process treatment is that i only apply it on my crown area and not my side part and actually the result was horrible,

oh well if you don't know about hair Type then check click here or continue reading - Hair porosity testing

This was my first undercut hairstyle and I wanted it to look more like Kendra Kenshay undercut,as I said things was going pretty good until I used texturizer on my crown area then everything go side ways then after two weeks of wearing my fry hairstyle 

And I instantly wanted to get my Afro coils hair back and that is not how things it goes when it comes to natural hair,I know most of us Natural girls struggle to manage our hair but 4c and 4b girls has more work to do so please don't start judging me hustling because I’ve learned a whole new lesson from using texturizer that’s call experience,

Because caring for natural 4c hair is a bit different from other hair types and most people with 4c natural hair always says that it is versatile even me but it also hard to manage especially if you don’t have a regular routine like picking a day to care for your hair and sticking with it,well during my first big chop I use to spend about 3-4 hours removing knots and tangles from my hair and that wasn’t fun at all so I wasn’t going to play that again,so actually that was one of the main reasons why I decided to try out texturizer,

Then after I noticed that my hair was damaged,oh Well For two weeks or more so I maintained that texturizer hair because I wanted to enjoy having loose curls but I still wasn't feeling happy because I missed my Afro cotton hair and that was really stressing me out a lot,so I decided to transition and go back to natural 

 regardless I was going to be working with two different hair textures and two different lengths and I also know starting over is an option but I didn’t wanted to do it just yet,that’s is why I started transitioning,

Alright after 7 months of transitioning it wasn't working as fast as I wanted it to work and also I wanted to regrow my hair but how can I do that when I am stuck with transitioning process that Was taking forever for my hair to revert back,

Alright by just looking at others on Social media
who makes transitioning back to natural 
looks easy which is not at all.you will have to follow them from the beginning to know what they are going through or doing,well maybe because everyone hair is different that is why i didn’t get the memo

Well overall,because of the experience I've in being Natural for the past seven years so I wasn't feeling too miserable when I decided to transitioning my hair for the past 7 months,

Well perhaps if you reached this far reading this article you might think I'm insane in the membrane(brain)for doing this again well that's Sonia for you there,she always trying something new especially when it comes to hairstyling,So I finally got myself a scissors and electric shaver,comb,clips,oh no it's time to chop chop and boom that’s it for me
Well After I was done chopping off my hair this is what I did to my twa-My current daily regimen Teeny Weeny Afro,I typically do wash n go because it is very easy to do on twa.
Step 1: Wetting my hair with worm water 1-2 minutes before shampooing with my SheaMoisture Coconut & Hibiscus Curl & Shine Shampoo

Step 2: after I’ am done with shampoo then I will use my old t-shirt and remove extra water then I go in with my My Carol’s Daughters Rhassoul Clay-Softening hair mask conditioner,since my natural hair is very short so I only leave my deep conditioner in for 15-20 minutes and then I rinse it out,

Step 3:  moisturizing twa is also easy to do because there is not a whole lot of hair to work with,so if you’re in this stage of your natural hair journey enjoy it while you can,

Step 4: my leave-conditioner,which is ARGANATURAL-Castor Oil Leave-In-restore & rebuild,this product is very lightweight and it make my natural hair manageable,Anyway here are the other products I usually use since I am trying to grow my hair back and I really like using these on my twa -Aloe Vera gel oil,jamaican black castor oil,rosemary oil,this method really helps keep my hair fully saturated all night and all day especially when I am using rice water which I have been using a lot,

Step 5: my Styling step is mostly depending on what I’m doing that particular day,if I am going out then I will use  the mane Choice-Bold Butterfly Gel after I am finish moisturizing my hair,like putting in leave-in conditioner and oils before using styling gel then 
I usually let my hair air dry and put on my satin bonnet at night.

Tools- Fine tooth comb - Afro pick comb 
Afro sponge/twist twa

WARNING ⚠️ 
-Please don't chop off your hair yourself
oh well like I said it wasn't plan,I only wanted little more texture hair but sometimes things doesn’t gose as plans 

Are you interested in seeing my first big chop photos or knowing more about my natural hair journey oh well here are some photos and video from My First Big Chop and second big chop and also I will be Documenting my natural hair growth journey for you guys to see.
That’s why you should subscribe to SoniaChic95 DIYS Natural Hair Channel for natural hair tips and tricks because I have tried it all from big chop and transition to second big chop then third big chop.
Join our natural group and stay connected by asking questions in it to get results for your own natural hair.
SoniaChic95 NaturalHair Facebook group 
Bye for now Curlsgirls,From SoniaChic95 

Comments

  1. Amazing detailed guide. This is super awesome. Sharing it. Thank you so much...

    ReplyDelete
  2. My friend has recently chopped her hair short after having long braids in for a while. She said it feels so good to have it natural at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great hair regimen. I'm sure ladies with similar hair types will appreciate that. The short style really looks good on you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing this. I love your hairstyle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. twa :) that made me laugh. Your hair looks good or long. I have students who are making BIG changes to their hair daily and I keep thinking it just can't be good for them to do it so often!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a great post. I love your hair short, it is so cool. I wish short hair looked good on me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My hair doesn't have the same texture as you - so it's really interesting to hear how you take care of and stype your hair.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Short hairstyles For Black Woman

30 NATURAL HAIR QUESTIONS

BIG CHOP OR TRANSITION (Hair)